Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Pillows and leftovers


I did manage to do the final hand stitching on the 16" Patriotic Pinwheels pillow during the Super Bowl on Sunday.  I'm very pleased with how these re-purposed scraps became a cheerful bright new pillow.  It was slow going, but as long as I don't bump that sliced finger on anything, I can sew and type and do most things I need.  


Now I still have a good sized pile of the triangles trimmings from the Quilt of Valor, even after using some in the pillow, and I just can't make myself throw them away. So what to do with them?

I used just a few to make the 4.5" pinwheels blocks that I used in the pillow.  But I realized that I could also use them for hourglass blocks.  These are 3.5" hourglass blocks.  And they will make good leader/ender parts as I work on other things.  I ran these through between sections of an orange Ohio Star block.  I will just keep making these and collect them until I have enough for something - a doll quilt or a pillow or a table topper.  There are lots more red, white, and blue scraps in the bins too.  









2 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice finish on your patriotic pillow--that'll be fun to display on the "4th". I am in love with hourglass blocks lately, too...hugs, Julierose

Moneik said...

Love how you are able to use them up.