Pages

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday Sewing - easily distracted again


Not much time spent in my cluttered, messy sewing room this morning but I did accomplish a couple of things.  The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for March is teal and I didn't find much on my first little search.  But I'm guessing more will surface when I dig deeper.  I didn't look yet in my scrap bins or in the piles of scrap squares.  I found these in the fat quarter bin.  And then I was distracted by other projects.  


I cut some binding strips for the pineapple block wall hanging.  The backing is this fun Lori Holt floral that reflects a lot of the colors in the pineapple blocks.  Bonnie quilted little flowers into this project and I'm loving how it's coming together. The aqua blends with the backing and picks up aqua in the front as well, so after auditioning several fabrics this was my final choice. I want to have a couple of binding projects to take with me next weekend to work on in the hotel. (college basketball tournament time)


And finally I assembled the final block for Harvest Road.  These are 15" blocks and will have pieced sashing to separate them before adding a final border.  This is outside of my comfort zone due to the "dusty" color palette, and the busy pieced star blocks.  But maybe once the final plain border goes on this will look a little less busy.  This was a project from the Sew Sampler boxes by Fat Quarter Shop.  I used a subtle dotted background from my stash and it's working color-wise with the Harvest Road fabric line in this.     

And here it is past 11:30 on a Saturday morning and I'm still in my PJs.  Time to get dressed and get something done around here. One MAJOR important task today is to go to the hardware store to shop for a new coffee pot since mine died yesterday.  A girl must keep her priorities straight. 

I've linked up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

heh heh...that has happened to me more than once...i was pulling fabrics for a new project in my pjs and realized it was lunch time...LOL

maggie fellow said...

lovely projects

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the earthyness of the Harvest Road:)

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE teal month in the scraps coming out of your sewing room!! That being said, I spy bits of ORANGE in your nearly completed quilt. :o))