Pages

Friday, September 22, 2023

Another new block

Hmm  . . .  you know I have a hard time resisting a free sew-along online. 


Pat Sloan is doing a new one called Autumn Wonders, and yes I just had to give Block #1 a try.  Because it's kind of a test run for me, I used scraps from Quilt of Valor fabrics. I really like this block - fast, easy and I think it could make an awesome QOV all by itself. 

I have no idea yet if I'll keep up with this particular sew-along, but I can always just save each week's block and see how it goes.  There are only 9 blocks (12" finished) in this one, and the layout design is quite unique so it's worth saving for future ideas no matter what. 

This block was pretty much all the sewing that happened yesterday.  However, I wound several bobbins, and cleaned out the bobbin case in my machine.  And it was time to change my needle.  If only I had enough ambition to clean OFF the desk my machine sits on. That still needs some attention. 

5 comments:

Kate said...

You used some fun scraps in this block. Wishing you more happy stitching this weekend.

Vicki in MN said...

I hope you can sew up a storm in the next few days before surgery time! Do you remember how long it was before you could sit at the machine after the last surgery?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The block would make a great QOV all on its own. I like the star fabric in the HSTs: I haven’t seen it before.

Nann said...

Off to a good start on another interesting sampler.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice block, I am a bit partial to red white and blue!