Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Autumn Wonders

 I know, I know - it's not a good time to start anything the day before my surgery.  But Pat Sloan's new sew-along had already tempted me.  Autumn Wonders is the name, and one new FREE 12" block will be released each Wednesday.  There are only 9 blocks total, so it's workable, right?
https://www.ilovetomakequilts.com/autumn-wonders.html


Last week I made block #1, but decided to use patriotic prints so the blocks could be used in a Quilt of Valor.  That was a good plan to keep things simple.


Then this week I decided to make "just one block" using actual fall fabrics.  I have a gallon zipper bag full of fall fabric scraps.  And I love how it looks in those fall colors!  So maybe making 1 block each week in both colorways will be OK.  I'll get behind next week but that's OK. 

Block #2 will be released later this morning, and I have some time to sew this afternoon.  And because I love the design of this 12" block I am pretty sure that I'll make more of them in the future from scraps. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well you got a head start on the quilt right?
Hope all goes well tomorrow - a couple nights in the hospital I imagine and the rehab for a couple days? I don't know how it works it seems everyone does it differently

Kate said...

It sounds like a project you can easily catch up with once you recover. Both blocks turned out beautifully!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

A pretty block in both sets of fabrics. Wishing you all the best tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Love reading your blog. dorthac at aol dot com