Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2023

September in Review

At the beginning of the month I set some very ambitious goals for myself.  But today is the END of my sewing month.  This afternoon I'm having my right hip replaced, so whatever I got done before now is all that is likely to happen, except for handwork.  It was a couple of weeks before I was able to do the stairs comfortably after the first hip so I expect the same this time.  


In the handwork stack for my recuperation time there is plenty of binding, and 2 small hand quilting projects to work on. There are 2 pair of pants to hem for a friend.  And there are some kits to prep for sewing.  I'll have enough to keep me busy hopefully.



  • RSC color is Aqua - YES, several new ones
  • misc block testing for new ideas - YES
  • Borders added to Scrappiness Is Happiness quilt - NO
  • Sunflower Sew Together bag - finish assembling - DONE
  • Make 5-6 additional mug rugs from scraps - DONE - lots more - 20+
  • Finish the guild challenge Crumb Quilting project - NO
  • Saturday Sampler - new pieced block (month 9) - Yes, but may need to remake it
  • Choose a PIG (project in grocery bag) to start in September - Christmas table topper & it is a finished top, ready to quilt
  • Watermelon table topper #2 - quilt and bind - NO
  • Quilts of Valor 
    • make 1 additional top - DONE
    • bind 1 quilt - DONE
    • wash & label 2 quilts - NOT YET
  • Bind Pole Star (cruise quilt) - DONE
  • Bind red/white wall hanging - ready to hand stitch the binding

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope all goes well

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Praying that the surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is an easy one.

Shepherdess55 said...

Hope the surgery went well and that you're up 'n down those stairs in short order.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thinking of you are you head to surgery! :)