Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2023

RSC23 - Week #38

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is one of my favorite things each week, because there is so much inspiration to fill me with joy!
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/


My attention has been totally taken up with making mug rugs for the past couple of weeks, although a little bit of aqua and teal have caught my eye for other projects too.  Aqua showed up in the wedges around these 2 Paw Print mug rugs.


Aqua showed up again with the Snowmen.  These are all 6" finished - and the stack is growing quite quickly as my obsession has continued.


Some aqua is in the center of this Potato Chip block.  I think there are about 10 of these now.  They'll become a donation quilt most likely in 2024.


And finally I found the teal triangles had been cut for this Twinkle Star block, so it made sense to finish it up.  It joined only 1 other similar block hanging in the closet.

There is an aqua version in the works of Bonnie Hunter's paper pieced Morning Glory block.  The aqua sections are all done, but only about a third of the leaves are finished.  Maybe that will be my end of the month show n tell next week.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun mug rugs and a couple of really cute blocks, Sara!! I really like that Twinkle Star. I haven't tried it because working with the kite shape seems SEW scary to me!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your mug rugs are so cute! Do you have a pattern or tutorial for getting the hexie shape? My mom would enjoy those.

Mari said...

I love the blocks and those cute mug rugs. Plus I really admire your binding skills on those hexagons!

Kate said...

You've made the most of your teal scraps. Love your Twinkle Star block. That block is one of my most favorites ever.

Jenny said...

Oh my, such cute little snowmen!

Jan said...

Love the little snowmen! I have just discovered potato chip blocks and some of the different blocks made with them.