Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2023

RSC23 - Week #38

 I'm on the road to recovery following my hip replacement surgery.  But the only sewing I'll be doing for a couple of weeks is hand stitching.  That also means my blog posts will  probably be shorter and less frequent than usual. 


Just a little bit of final aqua sewing happened earlier last week, so I saved it to share here today.  There were a few leftover jelly roll strips from various projects, and they've become Zipper blocks - one aqua, and the others are just whatever colors I had. These finish at 8 x 12, and will continue on as an RSC block for the new year because they are such fun.  There are 7 of these hanging in the closet so far.


One more Morning Glory block (by Bonnie Hunter) is done.  It joined a pink one and a yellow one.  Since these are paper pieced, I'm pretty sure I'll only make 1 per month and end up with something small.  But I do love how the block looks, in spite of a bit messy point alignments where the aqua meets the green in some places.    

Check out what else is happening in Week #38:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like your surgery was a success and you are back home - now to recover and get your mobility back - I like both of those blocks

Vicki in MN said...

I was just wondering how you were doing, glad it's over and you are recuperating.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good luck with the recovery. I hope you're doing a little bit better each day! Your zipper blocks are awesome, and the Morning Glory is amazing!

Cathy said...

Well, here you are, a mere couple (?) days out of surgery, already being productive! How did it go? Inquiring minds (who also need a hip replacement) would love to know! Best wishes and gentle hugs for a speedy recovery!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you are through that and recovering now! Your blocks zipper blocks look great - I was just getting out some light neutrals to see what I had for a few October zippers. Hope you have some enjoyable hand stitching planned out to work on!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad it is behind you and you are on the road to recovery!

Jenny said...

Best wishes for a safe and steady road to re every with your hip replacement, these things take time. My hubby is now at week 5 with his knee replacement and his mobility is steadily improving as each week goes by. He's had the odd setback, but we are both getting there!

Helenchaffin said...

Prayers for a full speedy recovery,I still luv the blocks that look like zippers but that could be my eyes 😅there's soooo many blocks I luv that I think I may need to make sampler quilts 🤣