Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

An empty bin

I do have an empty bin - and I have a plan for filling up that bin with a new project.


All of these rag quilt squares (flannel sewn to denim) are in the mail, on the way to Colorado to a quilter who plans to use them in a donation quilt.  I'm so glad someone wanted them because I just knew I would NEVER use them.  


So . . . you knew that bin couldn't stay empty for long.  It now holds the fabric I've gathered for the Meadow Mist mystery that just began about a week ago. Keeping up with a monthly clue is manageable. 


They gave a sneak peek of the finished mystery, and I really like how scrappy it looks.  So of course I'm all in.  Mine will have lots of batiks and a navy blue background.  For August we are making 2 different blocks and I've cut the parts for them so I can sew later in the week once I get home again.  There will be 4 Dutchman's Puzzle blocks.


And there will be 5 Sawtooth Star blocks. For now the block instructions and all the pieces are in the bin - on top of folded fabrics - safe from losing anything accidentally. 

No comments: