This week's sewing really just involved blocks, blocks, blocks. It was a BLOCK-A-THON around here all week! And I had LOTS of sewing time this week, so there are blocks galore to show off.
So much YELLOW came out to play this week!! I had the black and white pieces already cut and waiting for this month's color of Mardi Gras blocks. That means I made very quick work of adding the 6 yellow ones.
The black and white pieces for 6 reversed Buckeye blocks were also cut and ready for a new color. So far I've gotten 3 of those sewn. One reader suggested a couple months ago that these blocks look like butterflies, so I'm going to start calling them Buckeye Butterflies.
Yellow Tulip Swirl blocks came together very quickly too. This little 4.5" block is the 2026 Leader/Ender shared by Bonnie Hunter. There are 2 of each, so 10 yellow ones will go into that basket you see at the top of the picture. I still need to make more of lots of the RSC colors from previous months. But they are a good use of small scraps, and really do make good leaders/enders.
And now for another detour to a WIP that needs to be moved forward, closer to a finish. Our guild does a fun tradition of sharing fabric when we've traveled somewhere - 6.5" squares. The project box was getting very full of squares, along with several star blocks that I had been making last year - like that bright yellow one.
Three new star blocks got yellow star points, and 8 more got other colors this week. These are 12 finished blocks. A couple of the squares in the box were not shared by guild members, but given to me by other friends. Example - the New Jersey print was in a bag of scraps that I had received in the mail a few months ago. It is perfect for this on-going project.
Entwined Star is an RSC block that I've neglected for 2026. There were 9 of them from last year hanging in the closet. Each of them used medium scale floral prints with a variety of white and cream backgrounds. Very scrappy. When I was looking through the "travel stars" project box I noticed a lot of pretty floral squares - so I used a couple of them in new blocks with yellow. There are now pieces ready for a couple more but with other colors.
There were also a bunch of blocks made for Quilts of Valor this week - also scrappy sewing. The final 2 blocks needed for Gleam were part of the Block-a-thon, so the flimsy can be assembled in the near future.
Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment