Over the past few days I've been contemplating my goals for fall, with way too many ideas floating around in my head again. So, I'm going to just come up with some goals for this week, and let the rest keep floating for now.
Salt Water Taffy is halfway to being a flimsy. Five of the 10 rows are all assembled so far, and this will be my first priority this week. I even have a plan for the 4 extra blocks.
The second project I want to finish this week is this little Halloween table runner. This was a kit purchased when granddaughter Sophia was shopping for Halloween fabric for her own quilt. The Pieced Tree pattern card was included in the kit. Digging into the drawer full of Halloween fabrics I found this leftover backing, and it was just the right size for the runner. It's all sandwiched and waiting for an idea of HOW I want to quilt this.
Another priority this week is the paper pieced Garden Stars block for September. It's only 1 block for this month, although I might get another of the alternate blocks made too.
Tracing onto fusible is done on the snowman appliques for Kisses From Heaven. The kit contains laser cut snowflakes to use, but the snowmen parts all needed to be traced onto the fusible by hand. This project is the last thing on my PHD list that hadn't even been started yet. I think I've been afraid of the whole "circle" thing, and that would explain why it's been in a drawer for nearly 10 years. Now I can iron these onto the fabrics in the kit. I don't expect to get any sewing done on these this week, but will be very happy if all the parts are ironed onto the fabric.
Last, but not least - the yellow scraps have been put away and the purple ones have come out for September's rainbow fun. A few of the RSC blocks are kitted up and ready to sew - Buckeye Butterflies (3), Tulip Swirl (4), Ticker Tape (2), and for 6 Mardi Gras blocks not shown here. Welcome to September!!
I'm linking up today with:
No comments:
Post a Comment