Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2026

RSC26 - Week #3

Yellow . . . such a cheerful color to play with this month. 


Who Found the Catnip came together quickly since all the pieces were cut and arranged on the design board in the correct spots.  


The 4 Snails Trail blocks are finished.  I chose 2 yellows that were buttery, and the other 2 are more on the gold side.  The one bottom right looks almost brown in this photo.  That wasn't my intention so we'll see how it plays with the other colors. If I have to replace it with a brighter color it isn't the end of the world. 


Going through the 2.5" square bin, I realized that I didn't have many yellow ones left. There were enough for just a couple of Hollow-9 blocks.  The bin is nearly full yet, but just not with yellow.  I think I used most of them up when I finished the blocks for the Hollow-9 quilt a couple of months ago.   


A few Vintage Spools have been finished this week too.  Notice, there is a little purple in these as well to ease into next month. 


There has been a squirrel trying to get into my sewing room the past couple of days. I blame Pinterest.  While looking for something else this week, I came across an awesome scrappy quilt made with a variation on the Potato Chip blocks.  It had a black center square, and only 1 round of "chips" in colors.  The blocks were separated with a narrow black sashing and colorful little cornerstones.  Ironically I had just been "gifted" with nearly 2 yards of a black solid fabric, and obviously Pinterest heard me thinking about how I would use that black.  And I already had an overflowing little box of the chips cut from project leftovers.

Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .

No comments: