Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Monkey basketweave

Some Sunday sewing time allowed me to finish the quilt top for the new grandson expected in a couple of months.  It is a basketweave design using a snowball block full of monkeys, alternated with the "woven" blocks.

I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday at http://www.patchworktimes.com .

My daughter didn't want a baby-ish quilt and asked for lime green. Otherwise it was up to me to choose colors and design, so I hope she likes the end result.

The woven blocks require a partial seam during a construction but turned out to be very quick and easy to do anyway.  The first side is sewn about halfway, leaving a bit open so that the long "tail" will line up with side #4. Then block is constructed then much like a log cabin with each side added around.



1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

It's cute. Your daughter is going to love it.