Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Accuracy is important

This Rainbow Scrap Challenge block is called Bulls-eye and I'm not completely happy with it. However it is NOT going to be redone.

The problem was that I cut the center blue square 1/2" too small, then all of the next rounds were all too long. So - while being brainless on Sunday afternoon - I trimmed the long strips rather than question why they were too long. What a rookie mistake!!

So the result was that the center was only 6", rather than 6.5". I finally decided to just add a narrow background piece to fill it out and it turned out OK - not great, but I can live with it.

One more indigo block to make and I'll be caught up again.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Been there, done that more times than I care to admit. . .

JanineMarie said...

I like that background strip. It really sets off the center from the star, which wouldn't have happened if you had made it the "right" way.