Pages

Monday, December 13, 2021

Design Wall Monday - Dec. 13

Saturday Sampler is one of my favorite quilt-y activities.  I miss the in-person sessions with Show n Tell, but it’s still fun to get the new block or task each month.  I picked my pattern up on Saturday afternoon and just had to spend some time on Sunday making these. 

This year we know what the final project will look like.  It’s a 12 block sampler with an elaborate sashing creating a secondary design.  I’m doing Christmas fabrics for my main project.  So far the only fabric I’ve purchased for it are the dark red and the grey snowflakes.  The rest is coming from my stash.

Because I love star blocks, I’m also doing 2 more sets of blocks, but without that pieced sashing.  One set of blocks has a light grey background with bright colors of batiks.  These just make me happy seeing them together like this.

And the other set has a dark background with ribbons of bright colors running through.  I’m pairing that background with bright prints that will read nearly solid in color. All of these blocks are 12” (finished), so having a set of 12 will make a decent sized quilt.  Choosing layouts will happen much later. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

And with Monday Making:
https://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/  

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

all so very pretty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty! I like the elaborate sashing very much. However the other blocks are a winner too especially the brights!

Vicki in MN said...

That will be a pretty sampler with the secondary design shining through. Always fun to see how a block can change just by doing different colors!

Jeanna said...

Love the colors in all of your blocks. My favorite quilt store closed a few years ago and they had a real talent for Saturday Samplers. I tried another quilt store's SS and the quilt didn't turn out that great. Maybe I'll give them another chance some time.

Nann said...

I had to look, and look again, at that sashing to figure it out. I especially like the multi-bright background of the colorful stars.