Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Oops!

  Some of the Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks are really easy to piece, and some are real buggers.  This week had one of each.


Square Dance went together just fine with nothing tricky about it. Not all of my points are perfect, and I am not totally pleased with that burgundy fabric choice.  But it's OK.


And then there was Wood Lily.  Oops!!  Those chevron sections were NOT supposed to have the navy "stripe" - just the gold and cream, with the navy on the tips.  I thought about taking it apart, and removing the navy stripes.  But those chevron pieces are 1" wide to begin with so I figured I would end up with a mess if I was picking out stitches. 


So, I just trimmed it to the 6.5" size each of these blocks are, and called it DONE!  No one but me will know it doesn't match the pattern in the book once it's in the quilt with the other 110 blocks.

We now have 82 blocks done, with 29 to go.  

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Great fix! Your block looks like it was supposed to be made that way.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the burgundy and green together. wow that is lots of blocks

Shepherdess55 said...

Upon seeing the first photo of Wood Lily, my first thought was to suggest just squaring it up. Upon further reading I see that great minds think alike. :-)