Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Harvest Stars progress

 
Just a little progress on Harvest Stars, but I did get the center section done and start on the outer borders. Those borders are completely made with flying geese that are 1.5" x 2.5". The colors in this photo are terrible - done under my cutting table lamp on a dark rainy evening. In reality these are very rich cheddar and burgundy with a black.
 
I also dug through my quilting stencils and found one that might work for this small project. Right now I'm thinking that I might hand quilt this one, but we'll see how it goes. I do enjoy some hand quilting, in particular on small projects.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

It's beautiful! Do you have the flying geese bloc loc ruler? It's so amazing when trimming up flying geese, especially the smaller ones.

Tired Teacher said...

I love this pattern, and admire your dedication of working with tiny pieces. My accuracy on anything less than 2 inches is pretty bad.