Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

October status of the stash


My mailman delivered my October Sew Sampler box this week and I had to open it up immediately when I got home from Las Vegas to see what goodies came. The Fat Quarter Shop has a subscription for a sampler box each month which kept tempting me online. In late September I couldn't resist any longer and subscribed.

Interesting contents: a fat eighth pack of Handmade (Bonnie & Camille) fabric line, a block pattern, pins and needles, and some embroidery floss (with a pattern). How ironic that I've just started getting back into doing a bit of embroidery. Also there is a zippered mesh project bag and a very cute pattern from Cotton Way to make project bags.  The fabric and floss coordinate so they could be used together to make the little bags.

October wasn't a big month for purchases or finishes.  The finishes were small projects and fun but of course they don't take much out of the stash. There was a mini quilt, 2 mug rugs, a pillowcase, and a small bag.  But there was also a whole week of vacation away from home - with no shopping or sewing!

In this month:  6 yards
In this year:  133.75 yards

Out this month: 4 yards
Out this year:  135.5 yards

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I wondered what was included in the Sampler boxes. Thanks for sharing.

cityquilter grace said...

have found it really helps to keep a tally of fabric ins and outs...thanks for inspiring me!

Summer said...

Nice box! Happy Monday ♥

Moneik said...

You're getting really close numbers, time for some finishes!