Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Playing with Dresden plates

 
Another example of bringing a UFO forward a step - the Dresden plate pieces were all cut from a charm pack, and then tucked into a zipper bag and put into a drawer. No idea why I did that.  I was organizing my rulers and stencils over the weekend, and couldn't find the Dresden ruler. Eventually I found it in a drawer, in the bag with the pieces.
 
So I've sewn them together and appliqued them onto a background square.  And there are enough pieces cut for another one.  I think with a little quilting this will make a good pillow.  Does this make the project a WIP now instead of a UFO?  Only if it doesn't end up back in the drawer I suppose.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

It's going to be an adorable pillow! It's kind of fun to find these forgotten projects, especially when a lot of the work has been done. :)

Moneik said...

Super cute! That's where I usually find those special rulers!

Tired Teacher said...

I love the colors: they are cheerfu and fun. The block would make a great quilt label. I purchased a Dresden tool and have never used it.