Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Using stencils

Another mug rug from an orphan block.

This one has a quilted Christmas Tree in the center that I made as an experiment with machine quilting using stencils designed for hand quilting.  I have a lot of stencils collected over many years and this one seemed to be easily adapted to make it a continuous line, so it worked with my machine just fine.

I went through and sorted my stencils last weekend and found several that I should be able to use with the machine as well as hand quilting.  In fact, one of them might work perfectly on a crib sized quilt that I want to try doing myself on my machine. But that may be a winter project.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Hmm, why don't I think of using stencils. . .another duh moment.

Love the fabrics in his mug mat.