Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

Bags, bags, bags


The "artsy craftsy" bag is finished now too.  This fabric is the same that I used in a zippered pouch for one of my granddaughters to hold her colored pencils.  Obviously it contains nearly every color, but I decided on red, black, and gold for the bag sides, inside, and bindings. I felt it needed to be bold.


The inside is definitely bold. The side panels are a black and white print. But the lining is all GOLDEN.  One pocket is lined with the same gold but the other 2 have the black and white print inside. And the red zippers just seemed like the right choice.


So these are all 3 of the recent bag finishes.  Fishy, patriotic, and artsy - now what color should my next one be?  I have a navy and white one ready to sew, but also have a floral print I set aside for a bag.  Or maybe I should go back to working on some unfinished quilt tops.  Goodness knows there are plenty of those to choose from! LOL



4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Bold was a good choice for this bag. It's difficult to choose a favorite from this group: I like all of them.

cityquilter grace said...

all so very cute...lovely gifts...

The Joyful Quilter said...

My friends and I recently had a SAL for these bags. My didn't even get started. Your THREE turned out great!

Ramona said...

Great bags! They are addicting...once you've made one you want to keep going. I'm getting the itch to begin another one!