Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Wind Spinner borders


This morning I managed to get the borders onto Wind Spinner and I was having major doubts about them fitting properly. The pieced border is made up of squares, tiny flying geese and tiny 4-patches.  Once I had the border sections sewn together they certainly appeared to be too long and not very straight, so I was pretty worried that my borders would ripple.

But I did a lot of pinning and surprise!!  The borders lay quite flat with no ripples.  Now I need to decide how this one will get quilted.  A simple meander might be the best option but I'm not very good at doing that myself. 

3 comments:

Ramona said...

This is such a fun little quilt! I love all of the different sized geese.

Tired Teacher said...

How wonderful! I love the design even more with the borders.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is an awesome design! I love the earthy colors:)