Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Rainbow Sampler - finished


Finally - another UFO from my challenge list can be checked off as finished.  This one is a full sized quilt made with sampler blocks from the RSC18 challenge.  I've been following the Rainbow Scrap Challenge online for several years, sometimes doing the blocks shared by the host like in 2018 and sometimes just choosing my own blocks to do in the color of the month.

In 2018 I made the actual blocks shared by the host. These were traditional blocks that could have been found in our grandmother's quilts.  I chose to do mine in bright modern fabrics on a scrappy white background.  I really love the old traditional blocks.  This quilt may end up on the guest room bed for the rest of the summer. It's so bright and cheery with it's aqua binding and "splashy" backing. 

  

In 2019 I'm doing my own thing - making 12" cat blocks, Ohio Star blocks, and the 6" flower blocks.  And I'm happy to say, I'm actually keeping up each month so far. 

9 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

It's beautiful and so cheerful. Your guests will love having it on their bed.

Ramona said...

Beautiful finish. What fun it is to look at your different blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sampler quilt turned out beautifully! I like the colorful cornerstones mixed in and the pretty border and backing, too. Lovely finish!

LA Paylor said...

awe, I like those little cornerstones joining all the colors. Good on you Sara!!!

Sheila said...

This quilt is Awesome! Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Angie said...

Wonderful finish! I love all your bright fabrics!

Mari said...

This turned out great! Love the backing and the multicolored cornerstones, too. Congratulations on the finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your freshly finished RSC quilt (AND on choosing the PERFECT backing fabric!!)

grammajudyb said...

Your Rainbow Sampler is wonderful! Love the aqua binding!