Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Sew Together bag - counting up


With the 3 bags I finished this month I've now made a total of 12 of the Sew Together bag.  A dozen!! I think I've sold 3 so far, gifted 4 and have the other 5 at my house.  The 3 I just made will be gifted or sold. The Love 2 Sew bag (bottom left) is currently holding my hand stitching supplies. But we'll see - it might end up as a gift or getting sold eventually. 

The black one in the center is MINE.  This one I'm keeping.  I hand quilted and hand stitched all of the  3/4" hexies on it.  It's my favorite one so far.  

I made the first ones in 2016 and then taught the class twice at the Pin Cushion in 2017. That was very fun and some of the ladies have commented about how much they use their bags.  It is pretty practical and a useful size, about 9" wide.   

Hanging in my sewing room closet in a bag with zippers and fabric I've set aside to make more.  There are 4 sets of zippers in various colors.  And every time I see an interesting print I find myself thinking "how would this look as a bag?" and wondering what coordinating fabrics I would put with it.  Does that mean that I'm addicted to making these?

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

These bags are awesome! You have me wanting to try and make one! Of course...I'm thinking I'd be lucky to make one....never mind 12! :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful array of bags. I can see why the one with hexies is your favorite- it's gorgeous!