Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Practice block


This morning was the first session of the new Saturday Sampler program with participant Show n Tell, new products introduced, and then the block demo.  And we received our fabric and patterns for the first 2 blocks.  We could choose batiks or 1930s - and I actually chose to do the batiks.  I really love sewing on batiks.  And as always, the Show n Tell at the beginning of the Saturday Sampler session was so inspirational. I just love seeing the projects others are doing. So much creativity out there.  

However - my regular readers probably have already guessed that I plan to make 2 sets of blocks again.  And since I have a LOT of 30s fabrics, I'm going to pull from my own stash for that second set.  I came home from the class this morning and had time to cut and sew one "practice" block using my 30s stash.  Technically the small blue triangles should be the same yellow and the medium triangles.  But I'm using up scraps and cutting into fat quarters and yardage, so in this case I  used what I saw right away.  I will need one more 30s block, and then will start sewing my batik blocks.  

Backgrounds for both of these quilts will be scrappy - white with the 30s.  And I'm still trying to decide between grays or beiges for the batiks. 

A final note on the previous Saturday Sampler.  My version #1 is at the quilters right now and hopefully I'll have it back to bind in August.  And my version #2 is a work in progress.   

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I like how you made this block. The yellow really pops with the blue and white.

Tired Teacher said...

Nice selection of fabrics in this block.