Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

A "no-sewing" Saturday

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for July is blue, but the only blue thing I've sewn this week is a mask for my granddaughter Sophia - navy blue with hot pink and teal unicorns.  And my sewing time is probably done for the weekend as I have grandkids here to spend time with.


It's a good thing that is the only one I had made for her, because she informed me that she was getting too old for some of the fabrics I had chosen. No monkeys or pigs. No flowers.  LOL  So I pulled a whole bunch of options from my fat quarter bin and stash, and let her select what she wanted.  I have 4 masks made for her with a couple more cut out.  Black with bright stars, black and white zebras, lavender, and I found a swirly pink and black print she liked.  I need to make a couple more for little brother Jack as well.  And I made a new one for her mom and her other grandma - zebras and gardening.  

I mailed a couple of masks to my other daughter so she could see if they fit her 3 kiddos before I do any sewing.  Then I better let them pick some fabrics too.  At least if they like the fabrics maybe they will actually wear them when needed.

Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

LOL, the girl know what she likes! Have a great visit.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great masks...pretty colors.
Have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to be able to be creative with the masks! Probably makes it more fun for the kids, too. I like the zebra fabric!

Cathy said...

Those are some fun masks.

grammajudyb said...

It’s always good to ask the kiddos what they like! Their tastes change often! One of the first quilts I ever made was a graduation quilt for my oldest granddaughter. School colors, purple and gold. OK! No flowers, please, Gramma! Yikes., have you looked for purple and or gold, but no flowers?? I did it though and she still loves it, 15 years later,

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's what I did with one of my mask-resistant friends. I let her pick the fabric in the hopes that she would WEAR the mask!

gayle said...

Lots of lovely choices! (Who wouldn't go for those zebras? What a great print!)