Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Patriotic Stars - ready for final border


One of the goals I had set for July was to cut all the sashing pieces for a Quilt of Valor.  Well, the sashing is cut . . . and the top is all assembled except for the final outer border.  I had the morning off yesterday and no interruptions, so I just kept working on this.  

The layout - which I am loving - is a pattern by Pat Sloan for her Winter Fun quilt-along.  It was fast to cut and simple to put together.  I'm guessing I'll use this layout again.

Late afternoon I also went shopping (wearing my mask) and found a red print for the outer border of this quilt.  Maybe I'll get that border cut and sewn on tomorrow after work because I'm excited to have this top done and ready to quilt.  I also picked up some sale priced fabric for the backing of another quilt, and bought backing for all 3 of the 60 degree runners so I can get them quilted.  All in all, it was a productive day.  Even the geriatric cat approved.  

6 comments:

chrisknits said...

I like that setting, a little more interest than just sashed or alternate squares. And the kitty is too adorable!

Ramona said...

I really like your design for the QOV. It's nice to have free mornings to sew!

Vicki in MN said...

Love your layout, and yes it seems you had a productive day gathering fabric to finish other projects.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The sashing adds a lot of interest to the blocks - I need to remember the idea.

Kate said...

A fun project to finish up in July. The setting works really well, it's fun to do something other than simple sashing. Good luck with your plans to get the border on this week.

chrisknits said...

Nicely done all around! I have never thought to use gold for the quilting. Hmm