Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Simple Whatnots - Breezy is done


My kitchen table looks very good today, with Breezy occupying the middle.  It won't stay this way for long however . . . because it just never does.  But I'm enjoying this for now. 

Breezy (by Kim Diehl) is only 18" square.  I quilted it with a greenish-tan thread that is almost the same color as the aqua/green shirting print in the borders.  A simple serpentine stitch on the diagonal, both directions.  That stitch is very forgiving for someone like me who tends to have trouble with straight line quilting.  The back is pieced from leftovers of another project; it's just a simple beige swirly tone-on-tone.  I can't take credit for any of the fabric choices as I used exactly what her pattern called for.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Another great finish, and it looks wonderful on your table. I’ve started using my small quilts as table toppers, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

One of my favorites! :)