Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday

I've decided it is dangerous to search too deeply for something, because most likely I'll find OTHER things needing attention.  This isn't necessarily going up on the Design Wall right now, but it does need to be back on my radar.


Found in a long forgotten project box - this collection of red, black, and white blocks plus the black yardage I was using as sashing.  There are 3 "Hearts & Stars" blocks from an old Buggy Barn pattern.  Added to those are some other somewhat random blocks, most of them Saturday Sampler blocks from many years ago. I sometimes would make a test block and used red, black, and white scraps for the test. They ended up in the box together. There are also some odd sized units mixed in there.  It will make an interesting quilt - eventually.

So . . . what is REALLY on my Design Wall this morning?  Binding is going onto All Roads Lead to the Middle, formerly called "6th Grade".  It needs to be trimmed and then the hand stitching will begin.  It's a bit hot right now to spend much time with a quilt in my lap, so we'll see if it gets done.


And I have about half of my bright Ritzy Cracker blocks sewn into pairs.  There are 30 blocks in this layout which would finish at about 35 x 42.  That would make a baby quilt, or I could just keep going and use them all in one bigger quilt which is probably what I'll do.  There are lots of kid prints in here and most are bright so it will be most likely a donation quilt for a child.  


Check out more Design Walls today at:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the red, black, and white blocks you discovered in your sewing room. They will make an attractive quilt top, especially with black sashing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like red black and white together it will be a beauty!