Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Ambitious July goals

My work hours are down right now so I'm hoping to take advantage of the extra time to sew.  That causes my brain to go crazy thinking of all the projects I could start . . . or finish.  Last month I focused on kitting up several projects, but I still have more cutting I want to get done.

I made a set of these Patriotic Star blocks for myself when our Quilt of Valor group began making them for our group quilts.  I finally found a pretty navy blue to use for the sashing, so that is one of my July goals - getting all the sashing pieces cut.  I plan to use a layout with an unusual sashing pattern by Pat Sloan for her Winter Fun quilt-along.  The navy will be the main sections but I also have a red for accent, and some small pops of white like the stars.

The plan for this Quilt of Valor is for another of my cousins who made a career of the Navy.  I want to have it done by early November because he often comes back "home" to Minnesota for deer hunting with his brother.  I could go visit in Minnesota and deliver it if that happens.  Gotta have a plan, right?

My July goals are ambitious - but I have a good start on them!!
  • 2 Saturday Sampler blocks - DONE
    • begin sewing sections for Saturday Sampler quilt
  • cut sashing for Patriotic Stars quilt
  • finish binding Oh My Stars (UFO)
  • quilt at least 1 of the 60 degree runners I made in June
  • make 1 of the Quick Strippee quilt tops (kits put together in June)
  • make last 3 blocks for the Lori Holt sew-along
  • Pick a PIG - a Simple Whatnots project called Potting Shed
    • I've changed this pattern to make it look different from the original
  • put together the bright Ritzy Cracker blocks into a child size quilt (forgotten UFO) 
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks - bright blue 
    • Diamond Tile
    • String blocks
    • Gingham - DONE
    • teal or aqua Gingham block (1)




4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You do have a healthy list for July but if we don't set goals it is easy to just push aside. Good luck with them.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The texture in the navy fabric will work well with the stars. Eager to see the layout.

barbara woods said...

love your stay, my favorite block

chrisknits said...

I have no doubt you will get all accomplished. Now to go Bing search your PIG, love Whatnots! I have to tell on myself, I read your 4th goal as "60" Degree runners. You made "60"!!! Then I realized 60° runner!! LOL