Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Need some advise


I've had a request for one more mask made from this fish fabric - for an avid fisherman.  My remaining fabric strip is only 4" wide, so I would need to piece it.  I think I'll use more of a tan for piecing and put this subtle green stripe on the back so it will be reversible.

But my question is this - should I add the extra both above and below the fish?  Or just add one extra piece on the bottom?  Either way the seam will probably end up in a pleat.  Which would look better?

5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’d probably add on both the top and bottom so it looks planned.

Ramona said...

I would add it to the top and bottom, too, so the fish will be in the middle of the mast. Cute fabric!

Shepherdess55 said...

Third vote for adding to both top and bottom.

chrisknits said...

Above and below!!! So cute

Far Side of Fifty said...

above and below is this vote from a non sewer:)