Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Another RSC finish

 The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is something I've participated in for several years, and it is a fun way to put a focus on using up scraps. Although . . . in reality I don't think I've made even a dent in my scraps over the years. But that's OK.


Beads is one of my RSC projects going on this year, and it's the first one completely finished.  Each block is made from 2 charm squares plus background. The background in this one is just as scrappy as the charms.  I used the pinky salmon backing to bind this one as well.  The quilting that Carol did is very swirly and has a teal thread so it shows up so nicely, and picks up on the teal in that backing. 

A cute child's quilt to add to my gift/donate pile. 


14 comments:

Anya said...

This pattern is on my "to do" list..along with a gazillion others! Love the colors in your version.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful!! Any child would love receiving
this quilt...have a great day!

Susie H said...

Bravo! Great finish!!

Cathy said...

Cute child's quilt is right!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the design those blocks make and the pretty colors you used for it! Great finish!

grammajudyb said...

It’s super colorful and really pretty! The quilting really adds to the fabulous-ness!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a freshly finished RSC quilt, Sara! This one turned out SEW lovely!

LA Paylor said...

this is adorable! And finished too, the best kind of quilt

sue s said...

Yours i so nice! I'm working on this one too but thin I'll give it another year so it will be bigger.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your beads quilt! The backing and quilting are both perfect for it. Spectacular finish.

Deb A said...

Oh I LOVE how this quilt came out! I have a feeling you will see a few of these being built in the challenge next year.

Jenny said...

Very pretty, I've always liked this design and it ir on my list to do "sometime"

Kim said...

Such bright and happy scrappy fabrics in your Beads quilt. This is such a pretty pattern.

maggie fellow said...

I like that pattern and yours turned out great. great colors