Pages

Friday, October 2, 2020

There is a plan

I do have a plan for the Rainbow String blocks, and that plan is pretty traditional - simple sashing and cornerstones.  The black sashing actually has little white dots scattered on it. And the cornerstones are from the 2.5” squares I have collected from scraps.  There were plenty of those squares to choose from, but I have actually been using a lot of them lately too.  A very handy size square! 


Anyway . . . I thought I had made 20 of these string blocks, but I found there were actually 25 in the pile.  There are 24 of them laid out in this arrangement, which is a bit long and narrow.  But we'll see how it looks with all the sashing and borders.  And I'll have a pretty string block left over as “seed” for the next set of rainbow strings.

12 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty - it looks like a paint box.

Ramona said...

This quilt is going to be so bright and fun. Love the black sashing!

Moneik said...

It's going to be a cute quilt.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Pretty blocks! I like the idea of 'seed blocks' for the next quilt. :-)

Cathy said...

The black really makes those bright blocks pop! I think black is under-appreciated and under-used (said as I’m looking in the mirror) as a setting color. Anyway, what a lovely grouping!

Auntie Em said...

So pretty, and the black really sets them off! Amazing what you can make from scraps!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful...love all those scrappy colors..
Have a great day!

LA Paylor said...

Oh my word how pretty!!!! Great choices and work Sara!
LeeAnna

Jenny said...

I like the way you are assembling your string blocks, with sashing and cornerstones in between.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your string blocks really are pretty! I love the layout with sashing and cornerstones like that.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So pretty...great way to use all those scrappy strings. Such a fun quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Classic rainbow string block, Sara... LOVE!!!