Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Rainbow String Quilt

Over the past 2 years of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I've made a few string blocks from my scrap bins.   These are each 1 color, rather than mixing all of my strings together, which I've also done in past years.  They make such colorful quilts. 


My original plan was to make a small child sized quilt with 20 blocks.  Then I discovered that I already had 25 of them made.  So one dark green block went back into the project box as "seed" for the next set.  And the remaining 24 became this quilt.  Black sashing with little white dots plus bright cornerstones from my 2.5" square bin - and voila - a nice bright quilt.  I added a Kaffe print border to make it just a bit bigger.  


I love the results.  It will make a great gift for someone.  And it's already in the hands of a quilter, although it may be a month before I see it as she's really swamped.  The other happy thing is that this is the 12th and final project to check off my PHD list for The Pin Cushion.  They offer us the chance to earn gift certificates at the end of the year by finishing up to 12 Projects Half Done during the year.

I'm linking up to the RSC site today so you can see what others are doing with their rainbows of scraps. https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting this cheerful RSC project put together, Sara!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what the quilter will do. Whatever the case, it's going to make a super cute gift quilt!

Jenny said...

Such a lovely bright string quilt!

cityquilter grace said...

i've never seen a bad string quilt and this one is a beauty too

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's really beautiful! Puts me in the mood to make string blocks!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love it!! It is a cheerful quilt!

grammajudyb said...

I love it! I need to do string blocks next year! What size are your blocks?

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats of the flimsy finish! Fun and colorful and that border was just perfect!

Deb A said...

What a cheerful quilt (and a great idea for me for next year!). Congrats on getting 12 completed already this year! That is amazing.

Moneik said...

Congrats on finishing your 12 projects. I think I have 6 completed on my UFO list.