Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Generous friends

The Sew Vintage group met on Saturday morning in the park, probably for the last time this year. It was a little on the chilly side but a beautiful fall day - sunshine, blue sky, and the trees were in peak color. 


This is a fun, generous, kind group of ladies with probably a 50 year age span among us.  As a surprise, Louise brought kitchen towels for everyone.  She loves to make these from potholders and kitchen towels, with a button to hold it over the stove handle.  And she brought enough to give each of us one.  Mine is hanging in my kitchen now.


Pam made everyone a Covid Pumpkin.  This is a roll of toilet paper, cover with fabric, and a little ribbon leaf, and a real stick tucked in as a stem.  Isn't it adorable?  


Last month Connie brought everyone little vintage porcelain items that could be turned into pin cushions.  I chose a little swan, but it's sitting next to my grandmother's recipe box on a baker's rack shelf in the kitchen.  This swan dish is much like the types of porcelain and china pieces my mother collected.  

And I took 10 of the books from the huge pile I've pulled off the shelves in my sewing room.  I also took 2 quilt kits that I've had forever.  It was time to share the love.  LOL  I figured the fabrics in the kits could be used for other projects if preferred.  It was so nice to lighten my load a little, and let someone else enjoy the books, patterns, and ideas. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Clever gifts! It’s nice that your group was able to meet in person. None of the quilting groups/guilds here have met since March. I miss seeing everyone and their projects. I agree, it feels good to share items with those who will put them to good use.

Jenny said...

Such fun gifts, and who would have thought of making Covid pumpkins? Well, obviously your friend Pam did, such a clever idea.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice gifts! That Pumpkin is a great idea! My grandmother had pottery like that also and my Mom still has a few pieces:)