Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

No sewing - just cooking

I’m not exactly a star in the kitchen, but I can pull together the basics.  Covid has struck my family, so I spent Monday cooking a few meals to get them through the next couple of days. Then I drove to Sioux Falls to make the delivery.  



My son-in-law tested positive and has been home isolating in their basement since Thursday.  The kids had to stay home from school this week too, quarantined due to exposure.  I offered to bring supper for at least a couple of nights so my daughter didn’t have to cook after work. However . . .

When I parked in their driveway my daughter came out before I could even get out of the car. She is a respiratory therapist in a big and busy hospital, and was supposed to be at work. But she had just come home early because she isn’t feeling well.  She was waiting to get a call back to schedule testing - which she had done early this morning.  

We both kept our masks on and I handed over the food bags outdoors.  No touching.  We’re hoping that the symptoms for both her and her husband stay mild, and that none of the 3 kids get sick either.  But I'm thinking I may be doing a little more cooking and delivering. 

I did a short video chat this morning with her and the kids.  I had to remind them all that they needed to be extra helpful and KIND to their mom since she isn't feeling well either.  You can imagine how 7 year old twins and a 9 year old can get into mischief when they think no one is watching.  

5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sorry to hear COVID has hit your family. I know having readymade meals is a blessing for your daughter and her family.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a sweet thing to do for your DD! I think Covid has hit SD pretty hard~ DH's BIL is in the hospital with it in Clear Lake, and DGS in SxFs is waiting for test results. I hope both of our families get some good news soon!

Moneik said...

So sorry to hear that they've gotten it. Hope your meals bring them relief. Having a 7 & 9 year old, I completely understand what you're saying about them getting into mischief.

Anya said...

Sorry to hear about COVID hitting your family, but it sound like everyone is doing the right thing (including you with providing meals). Your daughter gets an extra shout-out for being a respiratory therapist.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your son in law feels better soon...and no one else gets it:(