Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Christmas bench pillow

 Done is better than perfect.  I need to remind myself of this often.


This was a Riley Blake kit, and involves a LOT of procrastination mostly because I didn't know how I wanted to quilt this one. And I was determined to do it myself.  So . . . I kept it simple.  And now it's the first of the Christmas-y decorations this year.  It has been moved to the love seat in the living room, close to where the tree with go up later this week.  


A second Folded Star ornament has been hung on the Cardinal Tree (temporarily).  Again, this one was all pinned together while watching sports over the weekend.  And let me tell you - there were way too many hours of sports this weekend, both in person and on TV.  


Yesterday I did manage to hang a winter quilt in the dining room - all by myself.  Since buying a light weight step stool with 3 steps and railings to hang onto, I can actually reach things beyond my usual grasp.  And I don't have to wait for my husband to be home and willing to take the time to help. Yay for independence!!!  This one is Humble Homes, which was one of my UFO finishes this year.  Usually I hang a  Christmas-y cardinal quilt here over the holidays and then a snowflake one for the rest of winter, but decided this year to just enjoy this quilt that took me so long (years) to actually finish.  And it will be OK all winter.  

Wednesday will hopefully be the day we bring the Christmas tree and ornaments upstairs.  The actual decorating may wait until Friday, but I want to get organized.    

6 comments:

Kate said...

Your ornamental bench pillow turned out beautifully. So did your ornament. I haven't even started thinking about the tree yet. We've got a lot going on with Thanksgiving, so that'definitely a next week thing for me. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Ramona said...

Your bench pillow is adorable! Great finish. And I'm right there with you on all of the sports to watch now. I just love college basketball!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the pillow and the pine tree quilt look great!

Vicki in MN said...

I think your pillow is gorgeous! Let the Christmas decorating commence!! I'll be working on mine later this week.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great finishes in time for the holidays. The quilt looks wonderful next to the cardinal tree.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun to see your project done!