Pages

Friday, November 10, 2023

Tree Skirt is a flimsy

The Christmas tree skirt is all assembled and ready to quilt.  After asking for some input on that final border, the red one is the winner.


My very first tree skirt, and since I had no pattern for this one I think it turned out just fine.  I saw a picture of a similar skirt online, and just did the math for it myself.  I started sewing with the 12" pine tree block pattern that I already had.  Once it's quilted, then I'll cut the center hole and the side opening, and add the binding. 
 

A quick little mug rug came to life from one of the scraps. Don't you just love cardinals?

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great job on the tree skirt. It will look striking under the tree!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ah the red is just perfect!

Kate said...

The tree skirt worked out beautifully! I do love cardinals. I have a collection of cardinal fabrics that really need to come out of the stash and make something fun.

Vicki in MN said...

I like your tree skirt!

Preeti said...

Red definitely brightens it up. It will look absolutely perfect!
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.