Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Folded Star ornament

My "squirrel" for this week is actually complete.  The Folded Star ornament was a project shared at our Sew Vintage group, and I just HAD to get one made.


I added a couple of sprigs of greenery snipped from an outdoor arrangement, and then some ribbon loops finished it up.


For now it's hanging on my cardinal tree.  This is one of those skinny pencil Christmas trees, that was no longer being used for Christmas.  I decided to just leave it up in the dining room a few years ago, and just keep all of my cardinal ornaments on it all year long.  It reminds me every day of loved ones no longer with us.


For Christmas season I do add some red bells, and there are some red silk flower and greenery tucked in here and there.  Each year I try to add another cardinal ornament if I find interesting ones.  I can see the tree from my desk when I'm working so it makes me very happy all year long. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

Your cardinal tree is really cute. A very fun idea. Your ornament came out beautifully too.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Gorgeous ornament. If I had room to have a tree year round I’d do it in a heartbeat. Your tree is beautiful.

Vicki in MN said...

I think that is a neat idea to have a cardinal tree in memory of those no longer with you. You did a great job on your new squirrel ornament!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a nice tree!