Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

New suitcases

 It really wasn't a sewing day yesterday. I had PT in the morning, followed by several errands, and then part of the afternoon was spent enjoying coffee with a friend.  However, I did pull together a couple of blocks right before supper.  They still need a good pressing, but I'm liking them. 


I shared the link to this suitcase block in Tuesday's post.  My plan is to use fabrics that have been purchased on travels, or maybe shared with me by friends/relatives who travel.  The first block used a bear fabric I bought in Alaska in June.  This one (cowboy hats) was a fun find when we stopped in Dodge City Kansas on our way to Arizona in February.


And this one . . . pine tree fabric purchased in Colorado when we were there for our nephew's wedding in late April 2022. The backgrounds will be scrappy cream/tan/beige shades.  Writing the name of the quilt shop, city, and state below the suitcase might be a good way to remember where each one came from.  Or at least the state.  

I have a couple more of these cut out and ready to sew today, in between some laundry and making deviled eggs to take to Thanksgiving tomorrow.  Oh - and I need to make the Million Dollar Dip too.  Otherwise known in our family as Crack Dip because it's very addictive.

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun idea!! THose are great blocks and a great way to remember your travels!

Vicki in MN said...

You were serious about making more suitcases, great idea! So deviled eggs are a thing for Thanksgiving, heard that on the radio yesterday, I didn't know that! Also I hear Mac and Cheese are too?

Nann said...

I googled the dip and got results right away. Sounds delicious! Love the suitcases and such a great souvenir theme. Hope your Thanksgiving is grand.

Kate said...

These are such fun blocks. What a great way to showcase those travel acquisitions.