Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

2018 accomplishments surprise me

The actual amount of sewing I managed to do in 2018 has really surprised me as I worked on pulling together a list.  I made a lot of progress on UFOs in 2018, and have plans to keep plugging away at those unfinished projects in 2019.  I actually started some new projects too and finished them all in one year.  Yay! 



Some of the totally finished projects from 2018:

  • Red Bird Christmas quilt
  • Jelly Roll Christmas quilt
  • Purple jelly roll race quilt
  • 2017 Saturday Sampler quilt
  • Quilt of Valor panel quilt
  • pink One Block Wonder quilt
  • Friendship Exchange quilt
  • Polka Dot Pinwheel kid-size quilt (made from charm packs)
  • Unicorn Stars quilt (made from parts of En Provence mystery quilt)
  • ABC children's quilt
  • Patriotic Lone Star wall hanging
  • 2 more Sew Together bags
  • 2 small pineapple wall hangings
  • 3 Simple Whatknots mini quilts
    • Old Glory
    • Farmhouse Stars
    • Small Talk
  • 5 personalized floor pillows for grandkids
  • 4 personalized Christmas stockings
  • Numerous pillow cases (5 for the grandkids for Christmas)


Some of the projects seeing progress made in 2018:
  • Grand Adventure Christmas quilt (made from layer cakes) is a flimsy
  • Paris panel lap quilt is a flimsy
  • sewing machine door hanging
  • Saturday Sampler 2018 quilt is a flimsy
  • Thimbleberries Hourglass quilt (from 2004) needs binding as soon as it comes back from the quilter
  • French General wall hanging (Disappearing 4-Patch) is a flimsy
  • Raspberry Cocoa (Simple Whatknots mini quilt) is partially hand quilted
  • Patchwork of the Crosses - 3 blocks made, ready to add some "separator" pieces
Now - one of my next tasks is to do some more organizing in my sewing room, and come up with a UFO list for 2019.  Having the list really does help me focus on what I could be working on. 

Our kids, grandkids, and their dogs will arrive today for Christmas.  The lights are off and the door to the sewing room is closed for the weekend because there are more important things to do with those grandkids.  They'll all head home again on Sunday, and we'll have deafening quiet again in the house.  I plan to spend some quality time in my sewing room on Christmas Eve and Day.  Maybe I'll even pull out a NEW project to work on over the holiday break. 



4 comments:

Ramona said...

It really makes you feel good when you see all that you’ve done in one list. You were very busy!

Tired Teacher said...

Great job! I knew you had finished a lot of UFOs this year, and your list of accomplishments Is impressive.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go! Merry Christmas!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! Way to sew!! Merry Christmas!