Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Perseverance 

Some projects seem destined from the beginning to become UFOs. This was one of them. But I stuck with it and my perseverance paid off with a finished top. It’s 36" square with a zillion pieces. 

I struggled with the cutting and the sewing. And I hope the quilting will force it to lay flat. All of the plaids in this Kim Diehl pattern are flannel and I hate working with flannel. It stretches. Enough said on that topic. 

When making those weird flying geese blocks in the border I ended up with bonus triangle leftover. I’ve sewn them together and sliver trimmed all 24 of them. There are just enough to make 6 of these 6.5" pinwheel blocks. I see another mini quilt in the future. 

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! The turquoise and mustard make this quilt design glow.

cityquilter grace said...

definitely worth the effort....beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Surely, you will be able to quilt it into submission. Best of luck!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That does look like a lot of work, but beautiful results!

moosecraft said...

Wow! Lots of little pieces....but they play together nicely! Congrats on a splendid finish!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful!