Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2018

New stockings

Friday evening I got a text message from my daughter on behalf of Sophia. She said "grandma we have a big problem. We don’t have Christmas stockings."

I felt immediate guilt as I’ve been avoiding the finishing step on their stockings that I started over a year ago. So here we are - with appliqué names instead of machine embroidery names. I think they turned out cute. Edited note: I was asked how I did the names. It is simple iron on appliqué.  I printed the names using a font I liked on my computer.  The size is 90. I traced them backwards then traced that onto fusible web, ironed them onto fabric, and cut them out.  

I chose some vintage looking fabrics for my daughter’s stocking as she likes vintage things.


And my son-in-law’s stocking has a bit bolder fabrics.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, your stockings are beautiful. Could you please tell us how you did their names?
Thank you.
Sharon M

Elaine S. said...

The stockings are very cute. I would be interested in knowing how you did the names too.

Sara said...

I added some info to the post about how I did the names.

woolyjooly said...

Adores x 4!!

woolyjooly said...

Adorable x 4

Tired Teacher said...

Perfect! Cross those off your "to do" list.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute stockings!