Pages

Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas decorating 


What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your home?

Last week I was talking about just not having the motivation to get my Christmas decorations out and put up.  But I did finish the tree the next day, and by the end of the weekend I had the stockings hung on the mantle, a few Christmas quilts out, and some other decor.  I didn't get too carried away in the rest of the house this year, but it does look festive.  This living room is open to the kitchen and the front entry, and the family room opens from it with French doors. So we can see this from nearly everywhere in the house.



When my girls were little we lived in houses without fireplaces so we always had to find someplace else to hang stockings. Usually they hung around the door frame between the dining and living rooms.  But this house has 2 fireplaces and I love how the stockings look hanging here on the big brick fireplace.  My older daughter has a fireplace, but her husband built a lovely rustic ladder to hang the stockings on. 

Nancy at https://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/  suggested this morning that we show our front door with Christmas decor.  Over the years I've usually had a wreath, but last year I found this fun swag with burlap, and bells, and wooden trees. 



It's cheerful to hear those bells jingle when we open the door.  However, now that I look at the photo it is kind of drab looking without much color.  But I love the bells and the wooden trees.  I think next year I'll use the wooden trees and bells as ornaments on the Christmas tree and go back to a more traditional wreath. 



We mostly live in our family room where the big windows look out onto the back yard, and I have a huge round coffee table in that room.  It's almost always covered with a small quilt and some seasonal decor.  When the grandkids are here the quilt comes off and the coffee table is always covered with puzzles or Legos.  But for now it has a quilt, a lantern, and some holly with twinkle lights.




2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Ooh, I love your festive decorations! My stocking is currently hanging from my sofa table. It's attached with painter's tape. I've been known to purchase stocking stuffers for myself. 😁

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are looking alot like Christmas, your tree is so pretty!