Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Design Wall Monday - a mish mash



I have several things on my design wall today, none of which have a lot of chance of being finished by the end of the day. But it's a good way to spend at least part of this windy, snowy day.  I need to take advantage of it since I'll have to go back to work on Wednesday.

I am working on a mug rug for an exchange I have coming up in a bit over 2 weeks.  My plan today is to get the top of it done and ready to quilt.  It will have a tropical theme, and this palm tree will be part of the design - once I find some appropriate scraps to use for the applique.

Second is to make the letters for another big floor pillow. My cousin would like one made for her nephew.  His name is Lukas, so only 5 letters to make.  This pillow is going to be all from my stash and she has requested blue and brown.  His birthday is next week so I know it will be late unless she decides I should just mail it directly to Virginia.

I hope to get binding made and attached to Hourglass, which came back from the quilter just before Christmas.  The quilting is beautiful as always and I'm looking forward to finishing this one. And I'll definitely be sharing some pictures of the finished quilt.

My 2019 UFO Challenge list is nearly done, but I have a few more spaces left to fill.  So I need to do more cleaning and organizing while deciding on more UFOs to put on this list. I could fill out more than one page, even after identifying 3 per month instead of only 1 like the challenge.

Check out other final 2018 Design Wall Monday posts:   http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Oh, I forgot to download the 2019 UFO form - thanks for the reminder. Marilyn and I enjoyed the UFO Challenge this year.

Moneik said...

I chose to do 2 lists this year, one of UFO bags, and one with my UFO quilts. I hope this helps me get more accomplished.