Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Baby steps with the bag projects







Yesterday I managed to get the inside of the bag assembled and attached to the outside of the bag. So now the only real step remaining is to add the long zipper section that makes the top closure and the handles.  Maybe I'll even get it done this week so I can start working on another one.  Yay!




There are 3 inside zippers in the Sew Together bag, which is probably it's best feature.  I used this cute floral print leftover from a recent quilt border.  And then the yellow zippers and bindings just seemed to be the obvious choice. This bag is going to be bright and happy. 


The other thing I finished yesterday was a simple square zippered bag using the leftover art print.  I just quilted it, added a lining and zipper. Then sewed up the sides. It was done on Saturday, but needed to be turned right side out and pressed flat. Not bad, but it needs a fun zipper pull to dress it up a little. I'm thinking I may fill it with some art supplies and add it to my granddaughter Olivia's birthday present in April. 


1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

The single pouch bag would be great for art supplies. I thinks you're clever to use the license plate fabric for the front of the other bag.