Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

March Madness

It's that time of year - March Madness is upon us!  College basketball tournament time. This is the one time of the year that my husband is always ready to take some days off.  So, no sewing for me until next week unless it's the handwork I have with me. 

We follow 2 university basketball programs:  we're season ticket holders for our Jackrabbits, and when we aren't at Frost Arena in Brookings, we can be found at the Corn Palace here in Mitchell cheering on the Dakota Wesleyan Tigers.  


The DWU women and men are Division II teams and their national tournament has begun. The DWU women are the defending national champs, and are defending their title in Sioux City.  I listened to their first win yesterday on the radio.  The men play their second round game at noon today in Sioux Falls and we'll be there. 

Then beginning on Saturday we'll be cheering on both Jackrabbit teams (NCAA Division I) as they begin their conference tournament - also in Sioux Falls. Both teams are ranked #1 but it's a tough conference so there could sure be some upsets.  But it will all be fun. We see old friends and family, and enjoy the atmosphere.  And I don't have to cook or do laundry for the next 5 days.  The major downside is that they are predicting a big winter snow storm over the weekend - just like last year.  

No comments: