Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday Sampler - more of step 6



Here are my pieced step 6 units in the second colorway - Halloween fabrics.  The picture shows not as much contrast between the grey and green as there is in reality.   All 24 blocks of both colorways have the short rectangle added and are trimmed and ready to add the triangles to the edge.  I've finished 4 of each so I could see how they were going to look.  


The instructions call for a ruler that I don't have, but my 6.5" square up ruler works just fine. I can lay the diagonal line across the center square, and then slide it along until I get the 1/4" line on the edge lined up with the corner of the square. That will give me a perfect 1/4" seam for the triangle addition.  

I've linked up to http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/ today because the March color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is green. And the pop of green in these blocks is fun.

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Interesting block construction. LOVE that pop of lime GREEN!!

Cathy said...

Cute fabrics. Now I’ve got to see what a finished block looks like! Time to explore your blog...