Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

A possible squirrel

It’s possible that another squirrel has crossed my path.

One of the items in the mail this past week was the Liberty Box from Fat Quarter Shop.  It was a special subscription type box that they offered recently, and I figured whatever was in it would be an option for a future Quilt of Valor - so I ordered it.  And I was correct - perfect for a Quilt of Valor.

The pattern is Home Sweet Home, and the fat quarter bundle will be just perfect for those house blocks.  I can justify working on this instead of a UFO because there is plenty of blue in here (RSC color).

My stash contained an excellent piece for the background of the house blocks.  And once the blocks are done I'll go shopping for a grey for that sashing.  So, a squirrel . . . but a squirrel with purpose. 

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

sounds like enough justification to shop and start something new....LOL

Vicki in MN said...

Yes you have the perfect pattern, perfect fabric which equals the perfect squirrel!!! Have fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That looks like a great pattern for a quilt of valor!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

“A squirrel with purpose.” I like that phrase! The fabric bundle and pattern will make a great QOV.

Moneik said...

I've seen that one floating around blog land and really love it. I love the quilts of valor. I have a rwb jelly roll waiting to be made.