Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Dark blue

There are now 25 of these Ohio Star blocks, most of which have white stars in colored backgrounds like this new dark blue one.  I need to remember to make a few again with the colored stars on the white background.  This quilt will need a good variety.  And since the blocks are only 10.5" square, it will take quilt a few more to make a good sized quilt. 


This dark blue batik looks like bleach was splashed onto a navy blue solid.  It's kind of dramatic.  


And this one - is more whimsical with the bugs in the center and the lightbulbs in the corners.  Twinkle Stars are cute no matter what kind of fabric choices are made. 

What's new at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge?
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Both blocks are looking great! I make my positive/negative stars at the same time and just reverse the fabric placement. Otherwise, I would lose track of what I was making! LOL

Ivani said...

Two beautiful blocks, Sara.
Love the twinkle star with those cute bugs, you are right, twinkle star is always a beautiful block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Blue can definitely be dramatic or whimsical! Love your Twinkle star with the fun center!

Cathy said...

Oh, your blocks are so lovely! Every time I see a Twinkle Star, I want to drop everything and make one. I guess it’s time to add it to my 2023 RSC list!!

Kathy S. said...

The twinkle block is so cute, Sara. Yes, those bugs are whimsical. I'll be making my three Ohio Stars blocks next week. It's going to be a busy week, so three blocks seems doable. Have a great weekend.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fun fabrics on both of the blocks, but the caterpillar center is certainly cute.

maggie fellow said...

enjoyed taking some time today to look around - it has been awhile - I do love your work

Chantal said...

Love your blocks. They are both favourites of mine. I haven't done a Twinkle Star quilt yet but I so love that block that I'm sure my future holds one for me. I just have to be brave enough to try making one block. Haha. Enjoy the blues. ;^)

Jenny said...

I always like stars, and your bugs in a star are delightful!

sue s said...

I too keep looking at those twinkle stars! Very fun fabrics! Like Cathy, maybe 2023 will work.

Vicki in MN said...

The bleached look blue is kinda fun, a different look.

Susie H said...

Great blocks, Sara, and you're doing a great job selecting your fabrics!

Ramona said...

I love your blue blocks! When I see your Twinkle Star blocks each month I tell myself I'm going to start one of those quilts. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like them both! :)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The fussy cut square with primary colored critters is so much fun. Perfect for an I Spy quilt.