Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Getting a little head start on purple

 There is a downside to Angela revealing the new color for July already last weekend on her RSC post.  That downside is . . . that I just couldn't resist pulling out the purple drawer to see what I have to play with. And that led to some purple sewing of course.  I can't get too carried away this week with purple because then I won't have anything keep me working through July, right?


This purple elephant just makes me smile.  He's so cute!!  He joins 2 light green, 1 blue, 1 aqua, 1 yellow, and 2 pink friends.  I haven't made a red one yet, and still want to have a second one in each of the colors, so more elephants are in my plans.  I'm planning on a total of 20. 

And while that pretty piece of purple fabric was laying there on the cutting table, I cut the pieces for a Falling in Love heart block.  And I think there is just enough of it left for an Ohio Star block. 


And then of course I couldn't resist just sewing those pieces right away.   Some fabric choices are selected for the other 4 hearts, although I may dig deeper for another one to replace that darkest fabric on the bottom.  There are plenty of options still in the drawer.  


The pieces are all cut for the Nanci's Stars blocks in purple.  These are all in batiks, and so far I have no idea just how I want to put them all together.  


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a pretty piece of purple fabric!

Jenny said...

You've made a good start on purple, such a cute purple elephant. I've pulled some purple butterfly fabric out, will be cutting and hopefully stitching blocks today.

Vicki in MN said...

I was surprised to hear she had released July's color early. You have a fantastic start.